How To Have Beautiful Feet On Your Wedding Day
Have you ever heard anyone say “tired feet make a tired looking face”? You want to look your very best on your wedding day and your honeymoon. But you also want to feel great too. By following basic footcare methods below you can have beautiful feet to walk you down the aisle and you will feel like a princess from top to toe.
Start With A Footbath
Footbaths are a great way of relaxing and reviving your feet. You can make your own:
1. Place about 60g of a mixture of the following herbs in 1/2 a litre of boiling water and infuse for about 5 minutes: lavender, peppermint, thyme, rosemary and limeflowers.
2. Strain and add the infusion to half a bucket of warm water (do not make it too hot).
3. Soak your feet in the bucket for about 15 minutes.
- Instead of dry herbs you can also use essential oils or one of the many foot care products available on the market.
- Spoil yourself with a foot spa. They are so relaxing. You simply fill them up, and sit back and enjoy the bubbles. Great in winter.
Relax With A Foot Massage
Massage can be a very soothing and enjoyable experience. It would be ideal if you could get someone else like your partner to do it for you but, lets face it, that’s not always possible!
You can easily do it yourself (even though it won’t be as enjoyable).
1. Put some moisturiser or a foot lotion onto your hands.
2. Do one foot at a time and start by squeezing the sole from top to bottom using both your thumbs. Then move to the top of your foot and keep moving around using circular motions.
3. Work around the ankle area.
4. Don’t forget the toes. Lightly pinch and pull each toe one by one.
5. Wipe off any excess lotion with a towel. Put your feet up on a pillow and relax for a while.
- Put on some relaxing music while you are having the massage. This is a good idea especially if your partner is doing the massage for you.
Finish With A Pedicure For Totally Beautiful Feet
A pedicure is highly recommended to complete the look. They are very easy to do:
1. Remove any old nail polish.
2. Use a pumice stone and/or some foot scrub to smooth any callouses or rough skin.
3. Trim the toenails horizontally and smooth down the edges using an emery board.
4. Use a nail buffer to smooth out any ridges on the surface of the nail.
5. Apply a cuticle remover around the cuticles and gently push them back using a cuticle stick wrapped in cotton wool. Wash thoroughly.
6. Separate your toes by placing a cotton ball between each toe and apply a base coat of polish. After it dries apply 2 coats of your chosen nail polish.
Tips to keep your feet looking good and feeling great:
- Go barefoot as often as you can.
- After showering dry them well to avoid infections.
- Buy socks made from natural fibres which will allow your body to breathe and reduce perspiration.
- To relieve aching feet lie with them propped up over your head for half an hour.
Finally, remember that when you slip your beautiful feet into your beautiful wedding shoes they will make you look and feel fantastic!
Why not get your bridesmaids together so that you can all pamper your feet together. Ask each bridesmaid to bring a footcare product, light some candles, grab your favourite wedding movie and have a fun and relaxing girls night.
Visit our Bridal Beauty page in our wedding directory to find professional beauty services.
Information on this website is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.