What Exactly Are the Duties Of Your Maid Of Honor?
The main Maid of Honor duty is to be there for you when you need her.
Your Maid of Honor (or Matron of Honor if she is married) will be the first person you turn to for help throughout planning your wedding and on the actual day. She will be your wedding planning best friend.
Maid of Honor duties will require responsibility, patience and time.
What will your Maid of Honor be doing for you? Following is list of Maid of Honor duties:
Pre-Wedding Day Duties:
- Help you with the preparations for your wedding day.
- Be there for you to offer emotional support.
- Assist you in choosing your wedding dress and accessories.
- Assist you in choosing your Bridesmaids dresses and accessories.
- Supervise your Bridesmaids and advise them of their Bridesmaid duties.
- Organise fittings for your Bridesmaids.
- Plan and organise your Bridal Shower.
- Plan and organise your Hens/Bachelorette party.
- Attend the wedding rehearsal and dinner.
- May offer a toast at the rehearsal dinner.
- Help with the making and/or addressing of your wedding invitations.
- Help with wrapping bomboniere.
- Run any last minute errands for you.
- Pay for her dress, shoes and accessories.
Wedding Day Duties:
- Help you dress for your wedding ceremony.
- Adjust your veil and dress when required.
- Keep an eye on your hair and makeup.
- Walk down the aisle before you.
- Hold your wedding bouquet during the ceremony.
- Hold the grooms ring during the ceremony.
- Witness and sign your marriage certificate signing.
- Assist you throughout the day with any other requirements.
- Help organise any children in your bridal party.
- Assist you with changing into your going away outfit.
- Look after your wedding dress and preservation of your wedding bouquet (if required) while you are on your honeymoon.
The Maid of Honor duty list is a long one. Make sure you choose someone who you can trust and rely on to be there for you.
You may also like: