6 Useful Tips For Inviting Long Distance Wedding Guests To Your Wedding
If you have long distance wedding guests coming to your wedding, here are a few tips which will help make planning their trip for your wedding easier.
1. Send Save-The-Date cards out as soon as your wedding venue is booked. The wedding invitations for long distance guests should be sent out about 8-10 weeks before the RSVP date. This will give your guests a chance to organise for time off work (if required) and book accommodation and travel arrangements.
2. If your ceremony or reception venue are difficult to find then you can include a small map or directions on how to get there with your invitations.
3. Choose venues that offer accommodation or have accommodation close by to prevent your guests from drink driving. You can include the names of hotels/motels and their phone numbers or websites on the back of your map.
4. If the majority of your guests need to stay overnight or for the weekend then you may consider having your wedding on a Saturday rather than a Sunday so they can be back at work on Monday.
5. You can suggest that they book a holiday rental for the weekend. There are many beautiful places that have modern facilities and beautiful views. Some of them sleep up to 12 people. They are also good for family groups.
6. Transport companies nowadays provide transport to and from airports and also mini buses that can pick up groups of people from where they are staying and drive them to functions.
You can find South Coast Accommodation venues in our wedding directory.