A garden wedding theme creates a very romantic atmosphere and can be a beautiful setting for anytime of year.
Depending on the venue you pick, you can be surrounded by spring bulbs, golden autumn leaves, summer roses or winter flowering camellias. There is also the atmosphere of singing birds and even butterflies.
Garden Wedding Theme Ideas
- Ideas for venues range from special wedding reception venues with gardens to a backyard garden. The venue you pick will depend on whether you are going to use it for the ceremony only or for the reception as well.
- Some location ideas include: Botanical gardens, historical building grounds, parks, bed and breakfast grounds, country property locations and holiday resort grounds.
- No matter what venue you go for make sure you have a back-up plan in case it rains. If you are going to have your reception there as well you may like to have it in a marquee. Marquee receptions are suitable for both day and evening weddings.
- Have your ceremony in a flower-decorated gazebo or under an arbor.
- Walk down an isle of scattered flower petals.
- Instead of a guest book have your guests write their wishes on separate gift tags and tie them to a potted tree or larger pot plant such as a camellia . You can then plant the plant in your own garden and keep the gift tags separately in a special box as keepsakes.
- Release butterflies or doves after your ceremony.
- Hand out flower petals to your guests to use as confetti.
- For sunset or evening weddings use candles and fairy lights.
- Give your guests flower seeds as bomboniere. These can be placed in small pretty envelopes and decorated with a real flower or ribbon.
- Attach flowers to your place cards and order of service (you can even use dried flowers such as lavender).
- Wear flowers in your hair.
- Have a harpist play for your guests while they are waiting for you to arrive and as you walk down the aisle.
- Decorate the garden with lanterns.
You may also be interested in: