Flowers are an important part of a wedding day. When choosing wedding flowers you should consider the colour and style of your wedding dress, and also your bridesmaid dress colours.
The style of your wedding bouquet is just as important as the colour of the flowers. The flowers will express your wedding theme and the feel of the day. Many brides already have a favourite flower in mind even before they start planning for their wedding.
Your wedding florist will help you to ensure that your wedding flowers compliment your dress and theme.
Flowers You May Need For Your Wedding
Flowergirls – bouquets or baskets
Corsages – for the mothers and grandmothers of the bride and groom
Buttonholes – for the groom, best man, groomsmen, fathers, grandfathers, ushers and pageboys.
Flowers for the ceremony – to decorate the church, or garden
Flowers for the reception – to decorate the reception venue
Thank you flowers – these can be sent to the parents on the day after the wedding to show appreciation for all their help with the wedding.
Things To Consider When Choosing Wedding Flowers
- Will the flowers you have chosen be available in the season you are having your wedding? Seasonal flowers are cheaper, fresher and readily available.
- Are you or any of your bridesmaids or attendants allergic to certain flowers? Consider this when choosing your wedding flowers to avoid allergic reactions and sneezing during your ceremony.
- When choosing flowers for mothers and grandmothers you may like to take into consideration the color of their outfits and also whether they would prefer a pinned corsage or a wrist one to avoid damage to their outfits.
- Think about the style of your wedding.
- You may want your bridal bouquet to be meaningful as well as beautiful so you may want to find about about flower meanings.