Enjoy The Romance Of Sunsets and Sandy Beaches with a Beach Theme Wedding
On this page we have gathered some basic tips and also some beach theme wedding decorating ideas to inspire you in planning for your wedding on the beach.
Beach theme weddings may be less formal and also quite casual. An important thing to remember when planning any type of outdoor wedding is to ensure that you have some kind of shelter or alternative arrangement just in case it rains.
Many couples choose to have their ceremony on the beach and then the reception in a nearby restaurant or a local reception hall. Alternatively you may choose to have your ceremony in a church and then a beach party style reception afterwards.
If you don’t already have a venue in mind for your beach theme wedding then a good place to start is at the local council. They will be able to tell you whether weddings are permitted at certain beaches and locations in your chosen area.
Also keep in mind the number of guests you will be having and whether the location you choose will have sufficient facilities such as parking and toilets. Beaches can get windy so you will need to keep this in mind when planning your decorations for your beach theme wedding.
Beach Theme Wedding Ideas
- Walk down an isle with borders of shells, starfish, flowers or pebbles. For an evening wedding you can use candles.
- Say your vows in the middle of a giant heart shape. This can be drawn in the sand or outlined with shells, flowers etc.
- Use tropical flowers in your hair and flower bouquets.
- Have a live guitarist or small band playing as you walk down the isle. You may like them to play island style music and wear flowers around their necks.
- Use shell shaped chocolates in white and/or brown colours for bomboniere. Decorate your bomboniere with real shells or starfish and tie with white nautical style cord.
- For table decorations use shells and/or pebbles and sand in vases with flowers. Low vases or floating type vases would look very effective with floating frangipani flowers.
- Glue small shells onto your place cards and order of service booklets.
- Arrive in a boat.
- Serve a seafood banquet at the receptions.
- Have a shell shaped wedding cake.
- Use sea animal shaped cookies iced with your guests names for bomboniere.
- Serve tropical cocktails decorated with flowers.
You may also be interested in: